The Mentorship Program is aimed first years, second years, international, and transfer business students at the University of Guelph to assist them with the transition into the academic and social surroundings of being in a post-secondary environment.
Mentees should be:
- a business student new to the University of Guelph, either first or second year, international, or transfer
- eager to learn more about how to make the most of their experience at UoG
An ideal mentee:
- wishes to learn and grow with the help of others
- desires to receive feedback, support, and advice
- wants to become more self-aware and develop greater self-confidence
- wants to have one-on-one meetings with an upper-year student
A message from Alison Vanos on her experience as a Mentee
"I can’t speak highly enough of my experience with the LSA Mentorship Program. My mentor shared valuable advice, experiences, a second opinion, and a push forward when I needed encouragement. I would recommend the LSA Mentorship Program to every Business student at Guelph – it’s a great way to build your network and gain valuable insights from a student who has been in your shoes before."