The Mentorship Program
The Mentorship Program is aimed at first- and second-year students at Lang who seek guidance and want to discover more about the transition into the academic and social surroundings of being in a post-secondary environment. The program gives you the benefit of learning from those who have encountered similar situations as undergraduate students. Mentors are here to support and provide valuable insight as you progress through your journey at Lang.
Mentee Registration Coming Soon!
Mentors should be:
· A LANG student in either third, fourth or fifth + year
· A leader with excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to help others
An ideal mentor:
· Wishes to have an impact on fellow LANG students
· Desires to give feedback and advice
· Wants to develop strong leadership and communication skills
· Accepts the opportunity of meeting one-on-one with a first or second-year student (either virtual or in-person if permitted)
Mentees should be:
· A first or second year, international, or transfer student at LANG
· Eager to learn more about how to make the most of their experience at UoG
· Open to receiving feedback, support, and advice
An ideal mentee:
· Wishes to learn and grow with the help of others
· Actively takes responsibility for their own learning and is not afraid to face new challenges and take risks
· Wants to become more self-aware and develop greater self-confidence
· Will organize one-on-one meetings with an upper-year student (either virtual or in-person if permitted)
A message from Alison Vanos on her experience as a Mentee
"I can’t speak highly enough of my experience with the LSA Mentorship Program. My mentor shared valuable advice, experiences, a second opinion, and a push forward when I needed encouragement. I would recommend the LSA Mentorship Program to every Business student at Guelph – it’s a great way to build your network and gain valuable insights from a student who has been in your shoes before."